In this video, Tatiana discussed the fundamentals of Web accessibility and why it’s so important:
Accessible design is more important than ever, with over 15% of people affected by a disability that changes how they interact with the web. As designers, it is our responsibility to ensure our designs are inclusive and reflect all of our users’ needs.
The 42-minute class focuses on:
- Why you should care about accessibility
- How to make a business case for it
- Different types of disabilities
- Web standards and resources
- How to use typography, color, photography and images as part of a more accessible style guide
I implore anyone working with the Web in any capacity to watch this and share what you learn.
Stream the class below.